Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Summer, Day 4: Sidewalk Chalk!

Good morning! It's Day 4 of Summer Week with The Digit-al Dozen and I have a manicure today inspired by something my kids LOVE to do outdoors: draw with sidewalk chalk! We have a lot of water play here in Florida, but I don't always want to deal with water and soggy clothes. When the kids still want to play outside without that craziness, sidewalk chalk is perfect! My kids are entertained for a long time while coloring all over the back patio or garage floor (on a rainy day). I used Zoya London, a gray Pixie Dust textured polish to represent the sidewalk and it really added to the cement feel.

  • My index and middle finger represent my 6 year old daughter, Hailey's, chalk drawings. In all honesty, she draws much better than these but it was hard to work with a dotting tool for the "chalk drawing" on my end. 
  • My ring and pinky nails represent my 2 year old son, Owen's, chalk drawings. Lots of random swipes of different chalk colors. I think they are a great at complimenting each other. 
  • The chalk was done with a dotting tool and these white based cremes: China Glaze Neon & On & On, OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go?, OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana, China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle, and China Glaze That's Shore Bright.
  • I didn't use top coat as I wanted the texture from Zoya London to show through a bit. 

 Here is a bonus picture from last month that I posted on Instagram. I sat reading a book while I watched the kids color all over the back patio.




What do you think? Thanks so much for reading, come back tomorrow for the final day of Summer Week with The Digit-al Dozen!





Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Love sidewalk chalk and love these! I'm impressed with your restraint, too! I have to tell myself to stop hogging the chalk... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an interesting and cute idea :) I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooo cute! Looks just like sidewalk chalk art! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this mani! I think it is absolutely gorgeous and it instantly took me back to drawing on the sidewalk myself as a child :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! This is such a lovely mani!! Your kids are so sweet <3xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute and an awesome way to use textured polish! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo good! very unique and creative. You captured the feel of sidewalk chalk perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just hate the dust though? If I send Mister out with chalk he comes back covered in the stuff!

    ReplyDelete