Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sea Lore Wintry Friends Day 1: Glacial Grayling!

Good morning readers! I have an exciting 5 posts planned for you on the new collection from Sea Lore! This collection is called Wintry Friends and is inspired by some arctic animals and the names are super cute! I decided to do some nail art to match the polish names as well.

There are 5 in this collection and 4 of them are 2 coaters! The exception is Beluga Blizzard, a snowy white glitter that is great as a topper but it may build up if you do 3-4 coats on it's own. They are a great winter collection because the colors can be worn all year round!


Arctic Otter, Snowy Seal, Wintry Whale, Beluga Blizzard, and Glacial Grayling.

Today I'm showing you Glacial Grayling! Jamie describes it as a "blue grey shimmering base with iridescent rainbow squares and holographic micro glitter." There are micro flakes that are making the base shimmery--this polish is so complex! I love love love it! We used to fish for Grayling when we were stationed in Alaska so I was really excited to see this in the Wintry Friends Collection! I'm showing 2 coats below with 2 coats of Poshe top coat. Definitely let these dry before adding the second coat because they are so packed with glitter that you don't want to drag off the first layer before it has properly dried. All of these polishes seem to be "hungry for top coat" because one coat of top coat dries a bit textured so they need a second. I recommend two coats of top coat or even Gelous before your fast dry top coat. 

If you are unsure of what a Grayling is, here is an image I got from Sea Lore's Facebook Page:





That's my cute little Grayling freehand art. 

Look at those gorgeous flakes, holo mini glitters, and bigger iridescent squares! 

So what do you think of Glacial Grayling? I am shocked at how much I loved this when I wore it! I'm not typically a gray person but this is so complex that it's right up my alley! I can't wait to show you the other 4 Wintry Friends, so check back each day for the next one! Thanks for reading!

All of Sea Lore's polishes are hand mixed, Cruelty Free, and 3-Free! They can be purchased online here: http://www.sealore.net/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_71

They come in full size 15ml bottles for $10 and mini size 7.5ml bottles for $5.50. 

Don't forget to follow and "like" Sea Lore on Twitter and Facebook for more updates!


*This polish was provided for me to review with my honest opinion







Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it gorgeous, and also very similar to OPI "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (Secret Service doesn't have the holographic in)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG !!! I wish i could draw like that! fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous polish, but I ADORE your greyling art the best!

    ReplyDelete